Passionate about the environment and wildlife?
Aged between 13 and 18?
Then Sandwich Bay Phoenix Group is the place for you!
RSPB Phoenix group is held in conjunction with Sandwich Bay Bird Observatory Trust for 13-18 year olds and unless advertised, meets every last Saturday of each
month between 10 am – 2.00 pm at the SBBOT Field Centre, Guilford Rd, Sandwich Bay, Sandwich, CT13 9PF.
Only £3 per child
Our group meetings are fun and engaging. Whatever the weather, we go out exploring our local area with an emphasis on enjoyment, discovering nature and taking action for nature.
- Discover the wonderful wildlife Sandwich Bay reserve has to offer.
- Make new friends and be inspired in the company of likeminded young people
- Learn impressive identification skills for birds and other wildlife
- Get fit and healthy with lots of fun hands-on conservation activities
- To take part you must first be registered with the SBBOT.
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively email@example.com for the attention of group leader Angela Weaving
- Age group of members 13 – 18 year olds
- Dress for outdoor activities and weather appropriate; sensible footwear/wellies, waterproofs, sun hat and sun cream
- Bring a pack lunch
- The group is run as part of the RSPB and covered by their insurance, policies and procedures
- All leaders have a DBS check
- Our First Aider is: Angela Weaving
- Parents/carers need to complete the RSPB Consent Forms before children attend their first monthly meeting
- Assistant leaders are Simon Aubrey-Killen and Matthew Hadlow
- Meeting point on arrival and departure is at the main entrance of the Observatory
Angela Weaving, Youth Group Main Leader
If you would like to talk to someone about the way your group is run and how you are treated please call the RSPB on 0800 9178566 open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday to speak to someone, there is an answerphone at all other times.
The RSPB aims to take all reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of children and other vulnerable people attending it's activities and events. It has adopted set procedures for the appointment of staff and volunteers who work closely with young people and established guidelines for them to work to when organising events, wherever they are held.
RSPB Phoenix is for teenage members of the RSPB. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 207076 Scotland no. SC037654 382-1215-16-17 Illustrations by Andy Hamilton