Thursday Evening Walks
Please observe the following protocols to ensure we can do this safely:
- All participants must observe social distancing at all times, before, during and after the walk.
- Participants should be made aware of not touching such surfaces as metal gates during the walk.
- There must be no sharing of such items as binoculars, telescopes or walking poles.
- Participants may wish to bring their own cold or hot drinks.
- The toilets at the Bird Observatory will not be available except in a dire emergency. For Observatory-based walks, the nearest public toilets are on the Quay at Sandwich and these are currently open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Participants may wish to bring their own hand sanitiser and face masks.
- For walks around the Estate, please be aware that the Restharrow Scrape hides will NOT be available.
- Payment for each walk should be placed in a sealed envelope and given to the group leader.
- A record of the names and a contact telephone number of all participants will need to be taken by the group leader for each walk. This is for Observatory insurance purposes and also in the event of ‘tracking and tracing’ becoming necessary under the Covid-19 regulations.
We hope you enjoy this further opening up of activity.
18:00 hrs at the meeting place to be announced shortly.
Join group leader Mike Briggs and fellow nature enthusiasts on an informal guided walk of about 2 hours.
£3.00 per person. No booking required!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: the Field Centre and all indoor facilities are still closed for the foreseeable future. Reserves open as usual.
Thursday 6th August – Pegwell – meet opposite the old Sportsman pub next to the Petrol Station
Thursday 13th August – Meet at field centre
Thursday 20th August – meet at field centre