Our walks are starting up again:
From 2nd August our guided walks will resume on Sunday mornings at 9am.
Thank you to the volunteer walk leaders.
Please observe the following protocols to ensure we can do this safely:
- All participants must observe social distancing at all times, before, during and after the walk.
- Participants should be made aware of not touching such surfaces as metal gates during the walk.
- There must be no sharing of such items as binoculars, telescopes or walking poles.
- Participants may wish to bring their own cold or hot drinks.
- The toilets at the Bird Observatory will not be available except in a dire emergency. For Observatory-based walks, the nearest public toilets are on the Quay at Sandwich and these are currently open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Participants may wish to bring their own hand sanitiser and face masks.
- For walks around the Estate, please be aware that the Restharrow Scrape hides will NOT be available.
- Payment for each walk should be placed in a sealed envelope and given to the group leader.
- A record of the names and a contact telephone number of all participants will need to be taken by the group leader for each walk. This is for Observatory insurance purposes and also in the event of ‘tracking and tracing’ becoming necessary under the Covid-19 regulations.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Field Centre and all indoor facilities remain closed for the foreseeable future. Reserves open as usual.
We hope you enjoy this further opening up of activity.
We have regular guided walks throughout the year which are open to members and non-members.
Please select the day of the week that you would like to join us to find a full list of locations.
Guided walks are led by one of our members and are informal and relaxing. The guide will be able to help you find and identify the wildlife in the area. A slow walking pace is maintained although the terrain may be a little rough at some of the locations.
If the walk takes place within our recording area we ask that the records are entered into our log sheets for our warden.
We also have walks leaflets available to purchase in our shop.
The routes are also available online for you to follow via OS Maps.
Download the app HERE and search for CT13 9PF to pick a route.