Sunday, September 29, 2019 – 16:00 to Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 14:00
Event host / presenter: Steve Piotrowski
Develop your bird identification skills on this weekend course for relative beginners. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field. Sandwich Bay Bird Observatory is ideally placed for witnessing autumn migration, and the course is timed to coincide with the departure of Swallows and martins, warblers and more.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- A detailed introduction to the common birds of various lowland habitats.
- Identification tips for a range of common birds, including autumn migrants, by sight and sound.
- An introduction to BirdTrack.
- A brief overview of other rewarding BTO surveys.
- Ample opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 4-day residential course costs £400. The price includes accommodation at the Observatory, breakfasts, packed lunches and cooked evening meals at a nearby pub (from Sunday evening to Thursday lunchtime inclusive), tuition and course materials.
Observatory accommodation is in twin rooms. Please enquire if you would like a single room, which may be available for a supplement but cannot be guaranteed.
A non-residential price of £275 is also available, which includes packed lunches and evening meals but not bed or breakfast. Please ask for more details, though note that there are both pre-breakfast and post-dinner activities.